Thursday, August 27, 2015

Just Be Near


Just be near. When I am sad I just want someone to be near. Hold my hand or hub me. Let me cry. Just be there. No advice. No suggestions. No problem-solving.



I have written about this before. Below is my repost. Sarah Philpott’s Hold Me and Hug Me is a beautiful piece about just being near. Keila Ochoa’s Be Near post is also very lovely. When others are grieving, sad, or just need a friend be near.



Do you want children?  When are you having children?  Nope, we are going to have a Dalmatian farm.  One Dalmatian has the energy of at least 10 dogs or more…  Our hands will be full then.  Maybe we won’t think about the family that we have always wanted.
We are struggling with infertility and had one miscarriage three miscarriages.  Maybe that is the more appropriate response.  Who has the strength or courage to say that?  Let me lay my greatest weakness, downfall, and failure before you and cringe while you offer well-meaning but hurtful advice. 
Do you remember when my mom died, and you weren’t sure what to say?  Do you remember being there and being my friend?  Listening to me?  Being a shoulder for me to cry on?  That is still what I need from you now.
If you have lost someone, then you know some of the same pain I have.  At least with a death, there is a resolution.  With infertility and miscarriage(s) the pain lingers and resurfaces.  Oftentimes a solution seems far off, the journey weary, and loneliness abounds.   
We posted articles about infertility and miscarriages, because we wanted to raise awareness.  Be aware of what is happening, be sensitive, and continue to be our friends.  We need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment