Monday, August 17, 2015

Bearing the Burden



God’s design is that women would bear children. It also means that we bear the hormones and the physical loss of our children. Our bodies go through physical and mental torture.

One time I got really frustrated with Coach. I said what do you do? Pregnancy only affects my body! (I am sure I screamed those words…) The distress was evident on his face. He worried immensely about me during our pregnancies. How can he keep my stress down? What can he do to help? He also worried when I got sick. Every miscarriage has been accompanied by a cold. He bared many invisible burdens, burdens I was oblivious to.

Over the summer Coach decided to get a tattoo. (The ribbon is the pregnancy and infant loss ribbon joined to make a heart. The footsteps represent our children: one unknown and two girls.) He wanted to get this tattoo to help carry some of the burden of our loss. What a kind, gentle, loving soul I married. Blessed be the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment