Monday, August 10, 2015

Goals for the New School Year



As a teacher I dedicate 200% of myself to my job, which leaves little time for myself, my family, or sanity. The summer allows me to recover and return to a “normal” life. As soon as I have regained normalcy, school seems to be knocking on the door. I am nervous about starting a new school year, because I know that I turn to survival mode very quickly. Chores, exercise, and fun tend to go by the wayside very quickly. This year I pledge to hold onto normalcy longer by meeting the following goals:
  1. Start my mornings off with a devotional. I know that a daily devotional will not solve the world’s problems or prevent problems. However, I know that centering my focus on God is good for my spiritual health. It will help me be mindful of God’s presence.
  2. Ninjasize. Need I say more? This includes the gym, walking the girls, and exercising on non-gym days.
  3. Have fun. Life is too short to be anxious or uptight. Good thing I am married to a funny man who loves to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment