Monday, September 21, 2015

Making the Most out of the Gym



Last Wednesday I had a revelation after my work out on Tuesday: I am not making the most of the gym. Some of the exercises are challenging, and I am not giving it my all for the time allotted: 30 seconds. Seriously? I can’t buck up for 30 seconds?
Needless to say Thursday was a different day at the gym. I gritted my teeth, focused on breathing, and sustained myself through the difficult exercises. As a result I had a better workout, and I felt accomplished.
I also challenged myself and bypassed the wimpy route. For example, I have been avoiding the 20lb medicine ball for throws. Why? “It’s heavy…” Yup, I said that. The 10lb medicine ball is too easy and has been for some time. Jessica and I came to that conclusion on Thursday. Guess which ball I use now? That’s right. The 20lb ball. Silly excuses!
In addition to rocking the work out, I learned to do a…wait for it…cartwheel! Yes, I just learned to do a cartwheel. No, I never learned as a kid. No, I will not video it for you…just yet anyway. Psst! I learned how to do a cartwheel!
Cheers to making the most out of every opportunity. Don’t let life pass you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment