Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Healthier Lifestyle



When I started this journey, I never imagined how drastically it would affect my life. Silly, I know. Working out at the gym has been the catalyst for some positive lifestyle changes.
Firstly, I desire to exercise. I am distressed if I am unable to go to the gym. I don’t have to go every day, but I like to go two or three times a week. I am making good progress and have built up callouses on my hands. I can’t let that go to waste. On non-gym days I walk the girls and/or do yoga. The girls always want to go for a walk. Cinder often looks longingly at their leashes yearning for a walk. Now exercise is a must.
Secondly, junk food and soda are not my friend. My stomach will not tolerate junk food, chocolate, or Coca-Cola. I am saddest about the chocolate and coke. Ingesting any dairy product is difficult because I am lactose-intolerant. However, now my tolerance is almost non-existent:  I cannot eat the M&M’s in my prepackage trail mix. Sadness. I have always have a love/hate relationship with Coca-Cola. I love it. Sometimes it loves me; sometimes it hates me. Now it just hates me. As my body is rejecting junk, I am eating healthier food. I am on the road to a healthier lifestyle. Let the journey continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment