Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Why American Ninja Warrior?

Coach and I watched the Japanese Ninja Warrior before American Ninja Warrior (ANW) even existed, and we enjoyed it. Of course we had to watch ANW when it aired!

Last summer while we were watching an episode of ANW, I said I wanted to try that. Coach said go for it. I was doing ok physically getting back into shape. Then life got busy and sad, so any thoughts of ANW faded. This past school year was rough with increasing demands from the feds, state, district, and new administration. Miscarriage bookended my year in August and May. Meanwhile ANW  has been percolating for a year.

I hit bottom when I was out with stress-induced vertigo for a week. Sometimes your body has to break before you listen. I am going to grief counseling and working on accepting that I am not in control. Ah! This is a hard truth for me, a control freak, to accept. God is in control and He doesn't need my help!

I have body image issues. There, I have said it. I am not overweight, but I have gained more weight than I am comfortable with, my clothes have shrunk (dang it!), and my physical shape is abysmal. The honest truth is I am not exercising enough. I have been a member of a normal gym before. Ugh.

Providentially a Ninja Warrior type gym, Ninja Park, opened up in my city. Not only was everyone nice and helpful, the obstacles and classes are fun!

In short I have chosen to train for ANW because I need a goal to work towards and getting shape ninja style is fun. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment