Thursday, July 23, 2015

One Bite at a Time




When reasoning has left the building…
When you feel like Atlas carrying the weight of the world and you feel it slipping off your shoulders…
When you cry/sob uncontrollably for no reason…
When you feel utterly alone in the midst of a sea of people…
When Doomsday is HERE…

Meltdowns. Currently they are a new reality. Who knew not dealing with stress would lead to feeling overwhelmed? Who knew one cannot eat an elephant in one bite?

Why my meltdowns happen:

1.      I am out of town.
2.      My blood sugar is low.
3.      I ignore concerns/problems.
4.      Multiple problems compile.
5.      I am not in control.
6.      I do not get my way.

Any one of these will not necessarily result in a meltdown. Usually more than one ingredient is present. The more ingredients the bigger the meltdown. Ugh…

Ways to deal with meltdowns:

1.      Recognize that unfamiliar surroundings increase anxiety.
2.      Eat regularly including snacks.
3.      Deal with problems as they appear.
4.      Call the voice of reason to talk me down. My husband is gifted with seeing clearly and can make me see straight.
5.      Realize that God is in control. He created the universe; surely he can handle a meltdown. Understand that many things are out of your control. As a result I am NOT responsible.
6.      Life is not fair. Get over it!
7.      Eat that elephant one bite at a time.
8.      “ Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34)



1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree and identify with your list of causes. You are unbelievably strong to be able to put this all down in words and share it with the world. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete