Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Thankful Heart

  1. I am thankful for our tragedy.  No, I am not glad we lost three children, but I am glad I can see the other side of tragedy. I do not know if God will grant us a family, but I know that He is with us every step of the way. It also brought me closer to God. This tragedy has made me pick myself up. I am no longer focusing on obsessing over starting a family. I am focusing on Coach and I and the present.
  2. I am thankful for my husband. Marrying my husband was one of the best days of my life. He is kind and caring. He helps me be a better person by calling me on my BS and by setting a good example. He perseveres in the face of adversity. He does not let his limitations stop him. Lastly, God gave me my soul-mate and best friend, someone to walk through life together. What else could I ask for?
  3. I am thankful for the gym. Perseverance is the most important lesson I have learned from going to the gym. Sometimes the exercises are difficult or I don’t want to participate. Rather than wimping out I am learning the importance of persevering through those challenges. As a result I am seeing progress both in my body and in conquering/making progress on the obstacles and exercise.
As we enter the holiday season, I challenge you to count your blessings daily (at least three), thank God, and once a week tell one person why you are grateful for him or her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment